ABOUT CANADIAN PACIFIC:
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
CP is seeking to fill an opening for an Analyst/Specialist – Systems and Reporting in the Finance Department. This position drives cross-functional improvement initiatives for Finance systems while sustaining the data integrity, functionality and effectiveness of those systems. The successful candidate will also oversee life-cycle of built-for-purpose reports to provide actionable business insights and help enhance finance teams’ overall data and system literacy. The specialist reports to the Manager, Systems and Reporting.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives with Finance business partners and Information Services to improve cost control through increased cost visibility;
- Serve as Finance representative and collaborate with business subject matter expert to qualify/gather business requirements, assess existing technology configuration, input on system/process/configuration design, support system test, and user acceptance testing;
- Conduct regular reviews including applicable internal control (SOX) requirements, to maintain data integrity, functionality, and effectiveness of Finance systems;
- Partner with Information Services and support Finance users to log, troubleshoot, and identify root cause to Finance system errors and failures;
- Correlate data sources to provide fit-for-purpose reporting and analytics, including requirements gathering, prototyping, user validation, and sustainment;
- Implement policies & standards for master data life-cycle (from creation to retirement);
- Create business process models for users with diverse technical backgrounds;
- Contribute the department's program to ensure Finance users can effectively and efficiently use the various systems available to Finance, including creating training contents;
- Contribute to provision/de-provision policies of Finance system and report accesses; and
- Support other finance initiatives as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other relevant fields;
- Professional finance designation or master degree preferred (progress toward designation or master data is an asset for analyst);
- Demonstrate experience with project management and ERP platforms, preferably SAP and BPC, in large size organizations;
- Experience with analytics application tools (e.g. SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Qlik, ACL, Power BI, etc.);
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity to identify root causes and ability to work collaboratively toward a common solution;
- Apply critical thinking and creativity to find unique solutions to complex issues;
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently and take initiative to drive change with limited oversight;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work (2 years of experience for analyst);
- Highly proficient in excel (graphs, pivots, merging, linking, modeling) and moderately proficient with Access/SQL query.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").