ABOUT CANADIAN PACIFIC:
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Finance Business Partner is a strategic leader who will work with operations leadership to identify and action opportunities to improve the short- and long- term financial performance of their respective areas. The successful candidate will be a highly influential informal leader that will act as the conduit between Operations and Finance.
This position reports to the Director Finance Business Partners within the Financial Planning & Accounting team.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with Operations leaders and their teams;
- Deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies;
- Lead discussions across the organization to optimize decision making, and drive value;
- Facilitate financial reporting, by providing insight and guidance while advancing complex concerns, and resolving issues;
- Advise on budgeting, costing and financial analysis to meet business objectives;
- Advise on, and support business cases as they progress through the investment analysis process;
- Coach and Mentor the Finance groups on insightful analyses that can be easily understood by non-financial managers;
- Ongoing focus on continuous improvement;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required;
- 5+ years work experience in Transportation, or Manufacturing industry;
- 2+ years management experience;
- Previous railroad or other operations related experience would be considered an asset;
- Effective relationship builder;
- Ability to communicate to all levels in the organization and influence cross-functionally to achieve strategic business objectives;
- Exceptional problem-solving/analytical skills;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Travel as required to support respective operations group (Canada & United States)
In order to support Operations this position requires a working knowledge of railroad operations, and as such is required to:
- Must be or become a qualified Railroad Conductor or Locomotive Engineer
- Must be or become and maintain rules qualifications (CROR - Canadian Rail Operating Rules)
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").