Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Parts Assistant. As a Parts Assistant, you will be responsible for handling of parts requests for shop mechanics, customers and other branches.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supplies shop mechanics with needed service and repair parts from inventory.
• Handles walk in and telephone customer requests for parts
• Assists other SBR branches in finding needed parts via the Case and Smart Equip program.
• Stocks parts and keeps department in good order so that parts are easily found and safety standards observed.
• Completes and processes purchase orders to order parts for the group and/or customers.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• High School Diploma
• Knowledge of equipment and parts used in the construction industry is useful
• Parts department experience desirable
• Communication skills
• Simple computer operations
• Personal and professional integrity
• Well organized & Self-motivated
• Detail oriented
• Customer service oriented
• Shipping and receiving of parts
• Receive and complete telephone/walk in orders for parts
• Examine and determine replacement parts required
• Prepare sales slips
• Receive payments
• Maintain parts displays/showroom
• Assist in keeping parts area clean and orderly
• Counter fill in at other locations
• Will be required to bend, pull, and climb as well as lifting of 50 lbs.
• Operate a forklift to load and unload parts
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.