Our client, located in Grimsby, ON is currently seeking a Service Director (Canada) for their operations team. The Service Director would report to the COO, North America and the General Manager.
The Service Director is a critical senior level manager in charge of service, install and dispatch operations in Canada. The incumbent provides leadership, direction and support for all service personnel such that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved while delivering sustainable and profitable growth.
Key responsibilities include
- Setting and implementing strategic direction while providing operational support and leadership.
- Works with the COO NA and GM Canada to develop tactical plans for specific geographic segments to reach growth and profitability goals for field service.
- Effectively uses metrics (customer satisfaction, safety, productivity, quality, inventory) to drive top-line revenue and bottom line results.
- Identifies/prioritizes growth opportunities
- Provides direct supervision and management to Field Service teams and team leaders
- Partner with Field Sales to ensure effective implementation of geographic strategies
- Continuous development of field service execution capabilities with the goal of improving field service delivery to customers, including capacity planning and field organizational reviews, this in alignment with North American service strategy
- Develop and execute a technical training and skills development program for all technicians
- In coordination with Install Manager, schedule installs for Direct and Key Account Sales Teams using direct technicians and subcontractors.
- Create install tickets and dispatch teams through SAP
- Keep installs moving using any available resources available such as shipping, sales support, etc.
- Send install schedule to all sales members, operations staff, service leads, and technicians weekly at a minimum. This is done so they are informed of any changes in scheduling
- Ensure install teams are working two weeks on, one week off. Adjust as needed to prevent wasted resources and overworked employees
- Approve credit card transactions. Monitor spending in alignment with weekly per diem
- Support sales with any install related questions
- Safety inspection on all technicians once per year
- Continuous training of newer members of the team
- Define installation guidelines and standards – audit the quality of our installation
- Project Management/Order Management
- Involvement in tunnel project management
- Work with order entry team to schedule installs based on production availability and capacity
- Verify machines are ready to be produced with sales teams before the production week
- Monitor jobs regarding ship/delivery dates, D & A/close dates, etc., to ensure we hit the planned budget
- Lead the roll out of North American focused initiatives and best practices in Germany, working with field technicians to ensure traction and follow-up on prioritized growth, productivity, and performance metrics.
- Develop talent within the field service organization with clear successors for key positions.
- Development plans and their frequent reviews in place for all field technicians and ensure this is rolled across the service organization
- Ensure regular touch-points with executive management team and Global service operations
- Ability to lead and interact effectively with employees and customers in difficult situations
- Ability to influence all critical stakeholders
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and field GPS systems
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective personal and project time management
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Ability to present strategic direction
- Understands leavers to create profitability
- Genuine interest and ability to develop team members
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Angela Dravis – Recruitment Consultant at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!