New Flyer Industries – North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technologist to join its growing international team.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, New Flyer is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As an integral part of the maintenance department, you will be responsible to support all manufacturing engineering activities within assigned cells including implementing and facilitating lean manufacturing initiatives, implementing engineering change orders, assigning inventory locations, conducting contract reviews, creating shop floor instructions, evaluating standards and completing capital and facility upgrades.
What you will do:
• Work effectively as a cell team member to ensure operational metrics are achieved and any remedial action is actively pursued.
• Maintain current updates on manufacturing engineering related tasks on the manufacturing cell log.
• Design or specify and equipment/tooling/racking required to support manufacturing.
• Specify and facilitate capital and equipment upgrades, installations or modifications.
• Support process planning and production engineering.
• Post-secondary education in a related discipline and or equivalent experience
• Lean certification or applicable equivalent experience
• Two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Superior computer and organizational skills
• Goal orientated and motivation to achieve tasks within set timelines
• Well-versed in AutoCAD
• Preferably knowledgeable in Unigraphics and Oracle.
If you would like to apply for the position of Manufacturing Engineering Technologist, or know someone who would be interested in, please submit a resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].