Job ID: 153027
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.’s Partnership Ventures Department is currently looking for a Project Planner/Scheduler to join their team. The Partnership Ventures Department responds to Alternative Delivery Model pre-qualifications and RFPs and executes the projects operationally when bids are successful.
The Project Planner/ Scheduler, working under the general direction of either the Partnership Ventures Bid Manager or Project Manager, is required to work closely with members either the pursuit or project teams, which include individuals such as Technical Leads, Estimator/Coordinators, Superintendents, Construction Coordinators, Design Team Members, etc.. The primary focus will be on the development and maintenance of project schedules, preparation of responses to RFPs from a schedule perspective, and to provide support in the pursuit and/or project teams which will include significant interaction with external partners. This position will require a strong commitment to quality and excellence in the support of company project planning processes. This position will be located at the Oakville office or project site location within the GTA (location to be finalized prior to offer).
Pursuit Phase Activities
- As the acting technical expert of Primavera P6, work closely with members of the pursuit team to input and develop detailed baseline schedules, using the CPM (Critical Path Method) with integrated logic, resources and cash flows if required
- Review project drawings including staging concepts to develop baseline logic for the RFP submission schedule
- Review project specifications related to schedule development and adhere to industry best practices in development of compliant schedules
- Develop project WBS in coordination with project partners including designers
- Actively participate in management of the companies scheduling program (Primavera) as it relates to system security, technical support and co-ordination and scheduling of system upgrades
- Resource and cost load schedules as required, including aiding in the development of a project cost “S” curve for projects that include financing
Execution Phase Activities:
- While working on an active project, responsible to prepare
- an updated progress schedule, comparing actual and target progress
- Time Impact Analysis (TIA), as required
- While working on an active project, responsible to prepare a written report regarding the progress of the schedule including Earned Value Report, Cash flow curve showing planned and earned values generated by the P6 schedule;
- Responsible to ensure that the short interval “look ahead” schedules, identifying work that has been performed during the past two weeks and activities that are planned for the next four weeks, generally reflect the work associated with the progress schedule.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related field.
- 4 to 6 years related experience; construction experience an asset
- Previous exposure to scheduling concepts and use of computer based software, specifically Primavera P6, Microsoft Project and TILOS
Why work for us?
- Work on large scale P3 (ADM) projects with large teams and multiple partner firms
- With parent companies in Concord, the US and Ireland, your growth potential is limitless!
- Work with a team of dedicated professionals who are there to support your professional growth!
- Flexible benefits plans, Defined Contribution pension plan, annual bonuses and merit based increases ensure that your hard work and dedication will be rewarded!
About the Company
Dufferin Construction, A division of CRH Canada Group Inc. established in 1912, is one of the largest heavy civil engineering contractors in the industry, and we are continuing to grow. Dufferin has a solid industry reputation and prides itself on hiring only entry level employees and developing them up the ranks.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com