Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Headquartered downtown in the heart of the National Capital region, Privacy Analytics is a one-of-a-kind health data analytics company. Privacy Analytics is a world leader setting the bar of data de‐identification, and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that enables researchers around the world to access and analyze healthcare data while ensuring that individuals’ identities are protected.
Even though our customers include 7 of the top 10 Fortune 500 healthcare organizations, we’ve remained loyal to the entrepreneurial and innovate spirit that drove the founding of the company and continues to permeate our office and culture. And, with our parent company IQVIA, the world leader in human data science, we’re getting the extra clout to further our leadership position in the data privacy space.
Our Java and Scala-based flagship product sits on the cutting edge of technology. It’s a scalable, distributed enterprise engine built on Apache Spark that processes terabytes of data to conduct both mathematical calculations and data transformations. The work we do spans the entire spectrum of enterprise feature development, data analytics at scale, UI design and development, statistical modelling, and algorithm design all the way down to low-level algorithmic optimizations. We tackle technical problems that will engage and challenge the brightest minds, and we have very big ambitions ahead of us for which we’re expanding our team.
Our Engineering team is growing fast, and with this growth comes opportunity for a strong Cloud Application Architect to make a real difference. You will be working in a team of highly talented Engineers and Data Scientists. Your main responsibility will be to help shape the cloud architecture and product implementation, as well as overall cloud strategy. In addition, you will:
- Drive cloud application design, development, deployment, management and monitoring, following best-practices
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside talented Software Engineers, and in close collaboration with DevOps and QA engineers
- Stay up-to-date with evolving cloud technologies and development best-practices including open source software.
- Oversee coding standards and best practices for Cloud
- Mentor colleagues within the team
- Work in an Agile Environment
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years in the SW Engineering industry, proficient in Java and SQL
- Minimum of 3 years extensive working knowledge in a major cloud environment (AWS or Azure) and SaaS Enterprise Application development
- Strong hands-on technical and architectural experience with cloud technologies, including private and public platforms
- Deep knowledge of Security requirements for Cloud environments and applications is key as we operate in the privacy field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Proven ability to drive automation at all levels from testing to deployment.
- Capable of navigating technical and functional ambiguity and making progress with under-defined requirements
- Experience refactoring code with high-availability, scale and production in mind.
- Familiar with Python, Unix/Linux, Git, Jenkins, Junit.
- Knowledge of these technologies would be considered a strong asset:
Databricks, HDFS, Azure DW, Redshift, Hadoop Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks, Elastic MapReduce on AWS, Apache Spark, Hive/Impala and HDFS, NoSQL databases
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™