EASi is a global engineering services company supporting customers in a variety of industries in Montreal and across the world. EASi is seeking experienced mechanical design engineers to build our internal capabilities whom will become important pieces in our company's long-term strategy. These design engineers will initially support long-term projects for a major client in the gas turbine/power generation industry. Our hiring package for this permanent hire includes company profit sharing & RRSP contributions, personal & sick days, professional training & development, a comprehensive medical benefits package and much more.
The Design Engineer role at EASi is more than just CAD work. The designer is responsible for everything from Conceptual Design to leading the project team to Critical Design (complete design & analysis). They are responsible for definition of manufacturing method, materials, GD&T, standards; as well as collaborating with mechanical integrity, product definition and modelling, drafting, and several other teams as well as subject matter experts during the course of the design. The designer is responsible for driving the design process and meeting timelines and deadlines, and are responsible for project and risk management associated with their design projects.
This Design Engineer will be working in our new EASi design center in Ville Saint-Laurent. They will be working on a variety of long-term design projects and will be responsible for leading the design efforts on gas turbine components. Once the engineers finish one project they will move on to another, or they may be working on multiple projects at the same time. It is critical that EASi builds it's design engineering capabilities to sustain for the long-term to support multiple clients going forward. We are looking for someone who has experience with gas turbines or in related industries (heavy machinery, rotating equipment, transmission, hydro turbine, etc).
1. Lead different aspects related to project delivery and act as an integrated product team lead
2. Interpret technical requirements and conceptualize solutions that meet functional and business requirements.
3. Design and optimization of components considering Aerodynamics, Vibration, Stress, Fatigue, Manufacturability, Cost and Maintainability factors
4. Verify and ensure adherence to system and component requirements
5. Ensure proper flow down of design and requirement information to modelers
6. Review drawings in accordance with applicable standards
7. The engineering design reports
8. The development and management of design and analysis from the conceptual stage through design completion, including
a. Detailed design analysis
b. Developing relevant documentation (i.e. design briefs, data releases, engineering reports.)
c. Ensuring that design reviews requirement are met
9. Coordination of work between different teams/resources (stress, manufacturing, etc.)
10. Perform basic hand calculations for stress, thermal and structural analysis before a formal analysis can be performed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (Masters is a plus)
- 7+ years experience in gas turbine design, or in a related industry (heavy or rotating machinery, transmission, hydro turbines, etc)
- 7+ years experience mastering CAD systems (preferably UG/NX)
- Strong understanding of manufacturing methods and processes
- Experience in Project Management & Risk Management
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to lead a team
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
EASi thanks all applicants, only qualified selected candidates will be contacted.
À propos d'Aerotek:
Notre monde nous tient à cœur. Reconnu Best of StaffingMD par nos clients et le talent que nous recrutons, AerotekMD Inc. se distingue comme chef de file du recrutement et en de la dotation de personnel grâce à sa grande compréhension des liens entre le talent et les affaires. Étant donné qu'Aerotek est un partenaire stratégique de plus de 18 000 clients et 300 000 employés contractuels chaque année, son approche axée sur les gens lui permet d'offrir un avantage concurrentiel à ses clients et des emplois gratifiants à ses employés contractuels. Aerotek, dont le siège social est à Hanover, au Maryland, exploite un réseau de plus de 250 bureaux non franchisés, comptant plus de 8 000 employés internes dévoués à servir nos clients. Aerotek est une société en exploitation d'Allegis Group, un fournisseur multinational de solutions en matière de talent. Pour en savoir davantage, consultez le site aerotek.com/fr-ca.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.