Job ID: 154520
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
The Project Engineer – Mechanical is to work on engineering project assignments of a complex nature by performing diverse civil/mechanical electrical engineering work and exercising great latitude of independent judgment. The Project Engineer will enjoy a high degree of supervision and coordination on projects in hand and adhere to budget responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Environmental and Health & Safety
- Audit and verifying records, reports and practices
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the CRH OH&S Program
- Promote and support company programs, policies and practices
- Prepare cost estimates for the planned work and control capital spending and timelines
- Oversee preparation and implementation of capital expenditure budget and focus on defined key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assist in the preparation of the five year plan and annual budget of engineering department.
- Determine the scope of work, evaluate proposals, and participate in the selection of contractors
- Assist in negotiating contracts and oversee contracts during the course of the work to ensure compliance with proposed design, material specifications, and schedules
- Perform project design work including researching data, conducting feasibility and economic studies, and determining design criteria in accordance with required standards
- Prepare project documents including project justifications, budget analyses, calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and schedules for assigned facility projects
- Review and check engineering drawings, plans, calculations, estimates and reports for completeness and accuracy
- Determine the scope of work, prepare requests for proposals, evaluate proposals, and participate in the selection of consultants for utilities projects
- Ensure quality control by taking responsibility for schedule coordination and evaluating, recommending and preparing contract change orders as necessary
- Obtain certification and conformance to current government regulations for new and modified structures
- Work with process engineering and maintenance personnel to implement projects, either on their behalf, jointly, or in an advisory role, depending on the project
- Provide comprehensive technical assistance to optimize plant equipment performance and utilize technical expertise to continuously determine, evaluate and improve equipment/system performance
- Engineering Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering with a focus on Project Management.
- 7 – 10 years’ Experience within a cement plant or related heavy Industry.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety policies, procedures and regulations
- Solid technical knowledge of manufacturing systems, processes, operations and project management skills
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with applications such as SAP, AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- An understanding of Statistical Process Control is also required
- Experience with Cost Estimation for Multi-discipline Projects
- Excellent communication skills both Oral and written
- Safety oriented
- Leadership – demonstrated ability to:
- Influence people in the course of their work to meet company objectives
- Influence and manage change processes
- Communicate and create “buy-in to company vision and values”
- Coach, mentor and develop people
- Build effective relationships with subordinates, peers, employees, support staff and key customers
- Maintain a professional demeanor with internal and external clients
- Must have the strong abilities to interact with people freely for the purpose of pursuing new business and maintaining current customer base
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior skills in strategic thinking and planning
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Communication skills; Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, with frequent exposure to heat, cold, dust and noise.
- This position is based across the plant.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.