Is innovation and problem solving in your DNA?
We don’t have to tell you — engineers are the ones who can see past what is, visualize what could be, and use their knowledge to bring it to all to life. That’s exactly why we need you.
At the Woodbridge® we push limits every day. It’s simply who we are. We are a global manufacturer of foam products and just-in-time assembly and sequencing that serve the automotive industry and various business sectors. We leverage advanced technologies to build innovative products and tailored solutions. People may know us for mastering foam technology science, but we are way more than that. We build endless product lines that will change our future.
The work you’ll do
This position designs, maintains and refines the manufacturing processes used on the pour line throughout our facilities.
Highlights of your new role
- Hands-on experience with machine automation, robotics and motion control.
- Develop process flow diagrams and process instrumentation diagrams for material storage, handling, metering and dispensing.
- Provide equipment documentation, work within current design standards, working in matrix project teams and developing standard costs.
- Provide support to the Project, Technical Services Group, Research and Development groups and all of Woodbridge’s manufacturing facilities, as required.
- Lead the execution of WPS (Lean principles) in accordance with corporate standards.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement activities. Follow best practices and standards in documentation.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems.
- Plan and manage projects and prepare materials, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specification for machinery and systems.
- Provide production support for assigned application and automation systems.
- Follow all general safety regulations and use provided safety equipment as required.
- Understand TS/ISO requirements/Quality Policy. Always follow work instructions and procedures as established through Quality Policy.
- Maintain mechanical standards.
- Maintain QS documents concerning manufacturing processes.
- Create solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Assist in pricing quotes for new products as applicable.
- Opportunity to travel globally.
- Support with global plant builds.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 3-5 years related experience in automation and/or an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD LT and SolidWorks is required.
- Background in machine controls (PLCs, Servo Drivers, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- A solid understanding of electrical/electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
- Assembly system and machine design experience preferred.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc. in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Highly self motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in dealing with external vendors and managing their work and progress.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to manage expectations.
Here’s the team
The Corporate Engineering Team is continually in pursuit of operational excellence to deploy advanced technologies to sustain our strong market position. We start by scouting new and novel concepts and commercialize the most advanced systems that serve our teammates in all our operations. We’re focused on launching digital technologies across all our global footprints with a dedicated team of multi-skilled software, electrical and mechanical engineers striving to achieve best in class performance.
Here’s how we’ll invest in you:
- You’ll receive professional onboarding and training to equip you with the capabilities to succeed.
- Take advantage of the leadership growth program. Develop your skills and map out your unique path within our organization.
- We invest in developing our employees. In fact, 70% of new positions are filled internally.
- Your performance is rewarded. The smarter you work, the further you go.
- And of course, we have all the great benefits, vacation and compensation package you would expect from a top employer.
Here’s our story
There’s a reason we’ve grown to more than 60 locations in 16 countries and awarded Best Managed Company by Deloitte. In our 40-year history we can proudly say our key competitive strength has been our people and their dedication to continually improve. With over 9,000 teammates worldwide, we’re recognized for our extraordinary performance standards on safety, environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction in every market we serve. We are well positioned for continued growth as we embrace the fourth industrial revolution.
We value respect and diversity of individual and teams who all learn from other bright and talented people. Our culture is made up of a leadership team and colleagues who genuinely want to help you succeed. This is what makes a rare place to work. It’s our people who propel us forward. This is where you come in.
You can grow your career anywhere, but we want you to grow it with us. If you want to make your mark, be competitively compensated for your skills and talent, and work among a supportive and innovative team, then The Woodbridge Group wants to meet you. Explore your future. Apply today.
For applications for roles in Canada, we appreciate your interest in employment with The Woodbridge Group. Woodbridge is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities in its workplace. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please make sure to request these at the beginning or at any point of the selection process.