Job Number: 8993
Group: Cosma International
Division: Modatek Systems
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team works to produce chassis systems, utilizing innovative hydroforming, automoated welding assembly and electrostastic coating processes within a large safety-focused facility. Role Summary
To champion the design, build, and development of the tooling required to stamp the components for full front and rear cradles, rear axles, frames, suspension arms/linkages and any associated stamped/formed components for our customers. After production, assists in troubleshooting the stamping tools at our suppliers. Key Responsibilities
- Works with customers, vendors and other departments to implement the following: Engineering changes, quality and continuous productivity improvements , cost reductions and data schemes
- Leads new tooling programs to contain cost, timing and quality requirements from prototype phases and die construction through tool development, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and program launch
- Determines manufacturing methods for each part to include:
- Surveys and evaluates stamping vendors
- Estimates costs for each die and check fixture
- Follows-up after part and tooling award to vendor
- Manages internal (Modatek) and external (Customer) engineering changes
What we have to Offer:
- Certificate of Qualification as a Tool & Die Maker.
- Working hands-on knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (English)
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in stamping, tooling and forming
- Part forming, blank nesting, part formability, part processing skill set
- Ability to quote and estimate new tooling and changes to tooling
- Ability to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our “Good for You” cafeteria.
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
- Extended Health Benefits.
- Group RSP with employer match.
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Staff appreciation events.
- Company paid uniforms, allowances for customized safety glasses, earplugs and boots.
- An environment that focuses on Modatek’s Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.