Our client, located in the greater Toronto Area is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/Team Lead to join their team of technical professionals. This is a permanent, full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager. Your primary responsibility is to provide technical leadership related to mechanical and thermal engineering solutions. Key responsibilities include:
1. Lead and mentor a work group comprised of Mechanical Engineers, PCB Engineers and other technical support staff through all stages of the product development cycle.
2. Distribute tasks, supervise work and conduct team member performance evaluations.
3. Provide technical leadership in developing innovative and complex enclosure designs with an emphasis on thermal and power distribution considerations.
4. Work closely and cross-functionally with the company’s internal product development teams (such as PCB Design, Electrical and Process Engineering) in translating customer requirements and conceptualizing product solutions.
5. Produce 3D mechanical models and thermal simulations utilizing CAE tools such as Solidworks, Pro-E and FloTHERM.
6. Create detailed part and assembly drawings and bills of materials as well as component and feature models for future design use.
7. Interface with fabrication vendors to source designs, drive quality and schedules, qualify samples and commission prototype and production tooling to meet schedule requirements.
8. Troubleshoot technical problems and perform root cause analysis by evaluating materials, components or material problems affecting performance and/or product manufacturability.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. 5+ years of relevant design and team lead experience, with an emphasis on thermal design/management.
3. Strong experience with design analysis utilizing CAE tools such as; MCAD Solid Modelling (Solidworks and Pro-E) and FloTHERM.
4. In-depth understanding of EMC requirements, particularly EMI shielding principals and techniques.
5. In-depth understanding of the gate/phased product development process.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams and externally with customers and vendors.
7. Able to manage and communicate several projects simultaneously, coping with changing deadlines and priorities.
8. Experience evaluating, diagnosing and troubleshooting problems.
9. In-depth knowledge and understanding of industry design and quality standards
10. Strong knowledge of design for manufacturing and manufacturing processes and equipment used for fabricating custom parts and sub-assemblies including inspection standards.
11. Experience applying DG&T principals.
12. Working knowledge of applicable regulatory/safety requirements such as UL 60950.
13. Strong knowledge of drafting best practices and standards such as ANSI/ASME Y14.5M.
14. Strong knowledge of material finishes and cosmetic requirements.
15. Knowledge of reliability and life expectancy principals.
16. Knowledge of design verification and quality testing including shock & vibration, packaging drop & stack, thermal shock, acoustic noise, etc.
17. Highly effective team player with excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal, written and presentation), negotiation and problem resolutions skills.
Interested applicants should send their resume in MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé][Click Here to Email Your Resumé] quoting “Job #103827, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/Team Lead” in the subject line. Agilus Work Solutions thanks all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.