Job ID: 161509
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH Company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights, and architectural glass. We supply glass products to the west coast and have done such large projects as BC Place, Science World, and Calgary City Centre. Our unique business allows for customer orders to be fulfilled within days. There's a lot of science that goes into each and every one of our products
A typical job description for an industrial maintenance mechanic (millwright) often includes the primary purposes of installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment.
FULL TIME ONLY – ROTATING SHIFTS
Typical duties include:
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
- In addition may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer and Carpenter and possibly electrician.
Millwrights should be able to:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and operate machinery.
Millwrights must be physically able to:
- Coordinate eye-hand movements;
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction);
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
We are rapidly growing, and we need people like you! Jump start your career with a company that can provide fully integrated building envelope products in a professional environment where hard work is noticed.
Visit www.OBE.com for more information about our brand and products!
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!