Agilus Oakville is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer for our client in the mining industry located in South Western Ontario. The Electrical Engineer will lead all aspects of electrical engineering at the mine, and acts as the owner of the mine power and control systems. The role will also be instrumental in project engineering and management, and the support of maintenance and reliability functions.
- Responsible for ensuring the operational integrity and statutory compliance of the mine electrical systems and electrical maintenance programs.
- Maintains electrical data, documentation, and drawings.
- Implement electrical engineering solutions to solve problems and contribute to the company’s Operational Excellence.
- Manages all aspects of long-term mine power supply needs and strategies.
- Establish electrical standards and implement the management systems to maintain those standards.
- Take the lead in the diagnosis and trouble-shooting of electrical systems.
- Monitor site power consumption and related charges, and implement techniques and procedures to minimize energy costs.
- Manage all aspects of site PLC/HMI systems to control all processes and provide data required for management of the mine.
- Supports Sr. Electrical Engineer and Engineering Manager in preparing annual capital budgets.
Education and Experience:
- An accredited degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- 5+ years electrical engineering experience preferred.
- Experience in heavy industry/mining setting is preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer a plus, ability to obtain one required.
- Complete proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is required.
- AutoCAD, MS Project, CMMS systems, highly desirable.
- Other EE related software experience a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Varies writing style to meet business needs. Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively and uses time efficiently.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical functions related to engineering discipline and concepts.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and assemble into an effective presentation format. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Language Skills -. Fluency in English is required.
If you are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative formats available upon request
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!