With an increase in workflow in the lower mainland, Agilus Vancouver have an immediate opportunity for a Civil CAD Designer on a contract basis. Our Client is a growing Engineering Consultancy with interesting and challenging projects throughout North America. The chosen Civil CAD Designer will have the opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects involving hydroelectric plants.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work with the best in the industry. The contract is based in Vancouver for 6 months with possible extension. The Civil CAD Designer must be able available for an immediate start.
Applicants for this role MUST have the following:
- Civil Engineering Technician / Technology Diploma.
- 4+years’ experience using Civil 3D.
- Previous Civil design experience on hydroelectric projects and/or heavy industrial projects or related design experience.
- Preparing Excavation drawings, Dam and Powerhouse General arrangement, Finished and rough grade drawings, Surface drainage drawings using Civil 3d.
- Interpreting complex drawings that incorporate interfacing structural design requirements with piping, mechanical, electrical and other aspects of industrial work.
- Previous Drafting and design experience within a consulting engineering environment.
- Checking 2D drawings and 3D models for issues
- Advanced knowledge of preventive measures, health and safety rules at work and hazardous material regulations in the workplace.
- Maintaining accurate design files for reference purposes
- Advanced knowledge and experience using computer-aided design.
The individual chosen for this role will be highly creative, professional, hardworking, achievement focused, analytical and organized. Strong attention to detail, planning and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Must be able to work in Canada without Company sponsorship. Individuals meeting the above criteria, please submit your detailed resume with cover letter to Michelle Borrill, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!