Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
Reporting to the Design Director, the role requires creativity to design exceptional children toys and related product that appeal to children ages 2 and up. This person should be diverse and flexible as a designer to take on different product categories – such as preschool, furniture, activities, girls and boys related product, as the department warrants expansion. This person will also take on managing outside design talent and overseeing model development.
What we can expect from you:
- Participate in new product brainstorming
- Staying current on market and consumer trends
- Participate in and product strategy development, including creating innovative slots and rationale for existing brand
- Concept Development for existing brands and new areas of expansion.
- Assessment of design concept feasibility (e.g. cost, schedule, feasibility & safety)
- Development of 2-D renderings and oversight of 3-D model making for product concepts
- China travel to oversee development
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Strong skills in Photoshop and Illustrator essential, CAD skills also required
- Proven success in ideation, brainstorming, concept rendering and strong sketching skills required
- Collaborative, strategic, “think outside the box” approach to projects is a must!
You should apply if you have the following:
What you can expect from us:
- 5+ years experience in Industrial Design in the toy industry is required
- Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent required
- Mechanical experience and experience working with plastics and electronics is a plus.
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.