Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Energy & Industry division at ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
Why Join ATS?
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- And much more!
Duties involve contributing to machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, process development and machine installation at customer sites worldwide. Programming and integration assignments involve leading-edge technologies and processes utilizing PLC’s, PC’s, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser and other controllers.
SPECIFIC TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE:
- PLC’s: Allen Bradley (Studio 5000), Siemens (Step 7, TIA Portal)
- Robots: ABB, Fanuc
- HMI’s: FTView Studio (ME/SE), Siemens, WinCC Flexible/Explorer
- Industrial Networks: EthernetIP, ProfiNet
- Lead in design and develop software programs (PLC based) specific to customer and project requirements based on standard ATS programming methods.
- Leading an integration team in debug and commission control systems at our facility, during the system integration stage and then at the customer’s site during installation.
- Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning and training duties.
- Occasional shift work/ overtime may be required with minimal notice.
- Select, test and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems and lasers.
- Work with control systems design department and other groups to promote continuous improvement.
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete, functional automation system.
- These responsibilities are subject to change as a function of the individual’s abilities.
- A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma or equivalent, specializing in electrical, systems or computer engineering.
- 7+ years of experience with systems integration and programming within the automation industry
- Experienced in leading a project from concept to completion
- Strong programming, mechanical and electrical problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems and their interactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operation with hands-on experience.
- A self-starter with the ability to work as a part of a team and/or lead in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.