NFI Parts, the parts sales and support for New Flyer Industries Inc. (NFI Group), is seeking a Data Analyst to join its growing international team.
NFI Group is North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor. NFI Parts provides part sales and support activities, technical publications, training and support for its OEM product lines (transit buses and motor coaches). All buses and coaches are also supported by an industry-leading comprehensive warranty, service, and support network.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, NFI Group is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of our Customer Service team, you will work directly with customers to understand their business objectives, funding and operating budgets, customer forecasts and usage, programs and buying trends. You will be responsible for the research and in-depth analysis of that data to create strategies for sales improvement initiatives. You will provide team guidance and mentorship, and monitor and coordinate team workloads.
What you will do:
- Provide insight of customer stocking philosophies and trends/programs.
- Create customer sales plans and revenue budgets with input from the customer service Manager.
- Understand high activity items and their usage to assist with stocking levels.
- Review contract/quote awards win/loss rate and develop a quoting strategy plan by customer.
- Create and monitor specific customer targets, sales plans by revenue dollars, margin dollars and margin percentages.
- Manage and monitor overall customer contract performance.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and support to customer service representatives.
- Determine what the inventory investment strategy should be with customers when evaluating contract award and performance.
- Collaborate and meet regularly with Territory Sales Representatives to establish and maintain and effective customer strategy and visiting schedule.
- Review bus build schedule and establish a new customer strategy.
- Present Recommended Stocking List (RSL) to customer, coordinating provisioning conferences when required.
- Monitor the impact of currency (FX Fluctuations) and adjust the quoting strategy as required.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Must entail advanced computer skills with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Experience in complex data gathering, data mining and analysis with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess strong planning, organizational, analytical and strategic skill
- Project management related experience would be beneficial
- Ability to converse in a professional manner in both written and verbal communication
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast-paced team oriented environment
- Basic knowledge of transit vehicles and systems would be considered an asset
*Travel is required for this position*