Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
The Senior Demand Planner (Customer) is responsible for strong forecast accuracy though building and managing both the short and long term forecast at the customer/retailer level. The Demand Planning role requires a team oriented, analytical, & interpretive individual with strong process and systems skills through leveraging input from internal Sales, Marketing and Analytics teams. This position involves in-depth analysis of brand and retail sales results, identifying market trends as well as a solid understanding of consumer & customer demand. The demand planner is also expected to have a solid understanding of forecasting processes and lead & facilitate pre-consensus reviews. It also entails working and communicating with multiple internal stakeholders as well as with external retailers.
Working closely with Finance, Customers/Retailers, Account Managers, Marketing Managers, Supply Planners, and Brand Planners, this role is accountable for ensuring strong forecast accuracy to enable best-in-class customer service levels, optimized stock levels, and delivery of products on-time and in-full, while minimizing non-quality costs. The position utilizes rigorous analysis on forecast performance and works with the Account Managers to drive initiatives that will enable the business to efficiently deliver on customer demand, drive efficiency in the supply chain and enable optimum on-shelf availability.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Customer Demand Planning and is part of the Global Operations Team.
What we can expect from you:
Drive Best-in-Class Customer Service
- Lead and facilitate Demand Pre-Consensus (Step 2) reviews with Customer Planning teams to deliver an unbiased and unconstrained view of the demand to support operational planning and the Global S&OP Process with a goal of achieving a recommendation or escalation to Demand Consensus Review
- Responsible to ensure full meeting preparation; presentation of consolidated and accurate information along with well-articulated messaging to support and drive right discussion, decisions and actions
- Identify & frame risks, opportunities and any critical business decisions and escalate up through the S&OP process to drive decision-making
- Initiate and develop strong relationships with cross functional partners in order to build intimate knowledge of the business and be viewed as a trusted, credible advisor to Customer teams they support.
- Act as a change agent/leader; leveraging relationships, functional skills and understanding process to support S&OP to facilitate change and drive sustainable process and business improvements
- Participate and actively contribute to all facets of the S&OP/Supply Chain processes and meetings; this includes, weekly Supply Reviews, Integrated Marketing Reviews, CS Service Reviews, etc.
- Analysis of weekly retail sales results [POS] and inventory levels with recommendations on optimizing sales and inventory and impact to customer forecasts
- Taking pro-active measures in minimizing high inventory and in stock issues at the Customer level
- Leveraging retailer POS & inventory in taking pro-active measures to minimize internal supply chain liabilities through order timing, quantity or cancellation recommendations
- Track and analyze account advertising plans and results to determine impact on account forecasts
- Maintain and leverage building block plans to ensure forecasts are rooted on factual data that is in line with POS at Retail
- Lead and facilitate as required, Chase-Cancel/Collaborate reviews with retail customers
- Evaluate and measure forecast accuracy and bias results against objectives/plan; leverage results with the organization in order to drive corrective action.
- Lead/facilitate forecasting process changes & continuous improvement initiatives with demand planning and cross functional teams
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes to increase efficiency through scalable solutions that improve forecast accuracy and hence customer service levels
- Support Annual Planning Cycle
- Support S&OP Steps 1, 3, 4 and 5, as required
- Operational ownership of Spring and Fall launches
- Collaboration with Inventory Management Team
- Collaboration with Sales Operations Team
- Regular reporting and presentations to the Senior Management Team
- Action Oriented
- Strong Communication skills, both oral and written
- Command Skills
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Organization Agility
- Priority Setting
- Drive For Results
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Personal Learning
You should apply if you have the following:
What you can expect from us:
- 5+ years related experience in Demand Planning/Sales Planning/Finance
- Undergraduate Degree - business, supply chain, finance, engineering background
- Cross-functional experience in sales and/or marketing is an asset
- Experience in CPG, fashion or related industry experience as well as exposure to S&OP is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office tools-Advanced Excel Skills; forecasting or supply planning applications; SAP/APO/BI preferred, MS Project, Business Objects, or other ERP experience
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.