Job Description: Collections Coordinator
Jonas Software – Corporate
Our business is one in which building relationships and working with others on a team plays an important role. The position requires a skilled individual who has to be patience along with having great written communications and listening skills. This individual has the confidence to speak with senior executives, and colleagues. Driven to perform with negotiating skills, results-oriented and willing to do what it takes to get results. You have excellent functional/technical skills with the capability to have composure at stressful times. If you are customer focused and are an enthusiastic energetic self-starter. You are extremely organized and do not let details slip through the cracks. You are a collaborative individual, who likes to put forward suggestions and ideas on how to improve the status quo. Then we are looking for you!
As an important member of our Finance team you will:
- Deal with collection issues escalated from the customer and customer care including negotiating payment plans if required
- Manage customers on support hold
- Reporting weekly and monthly for attrition and AR balances (for example) to department management
- Manage all A/R meetings with other departments and follow up on tasks agreed to in meetings – this includes preparing all documentation for the meetings
- Prepare the allowance of doubtful account provision quarterly and prepare required reporting
- Prepare detailed statements of account for customers on request
- Investigate NSF payments as seen on online banking software, including calling the bank and/or customers
- Collect overdue accounts over 30 days for all companies, this includes updating the client file with detailed call results and escalating if required
- Approve and apply credits on customer accounts
- Reconcile customer accounts as requested
- Other duties as required
- Previous B2B collections experience of at least 3 years
- Excellent communication skills, refined negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus with the ability to be patient and retain composure when under pressure
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and meet performance targets as established by management
- Have successfully completed intermediate level courses in Accounting with functional and technical experience in the accounting principles and procedures
- Strong Skills and experience in MS Office Excel
- Solid administrative and organizational skills with ability to adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad hoc issues
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software an asset
Business Unit: Corporate Canada
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Number of Openings Available: 1
Worker Type: Regular
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.