Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million customers. Direct Energy gives customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), an international energy and services company, Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada.
Experienced Project Manager who will provide leadership and management of assigned projects, process improvement and related activities for the Alberta operations department. The Project Manager will manage the scope, client expectations, risk, schedule, quality, and financial goals of assigned projects including kickoff, requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation. The Project Manager will ensure all milestones and budgetary requirements are met during the process, and will continue relationships after the project has been implemented to ensure business value assumptions are reached. The Project Manager will also be responsible for tracking and communicating project status to stakeholders as well as tracking and mitigating issues/risks raised during the lifecycle of the project. The successful candidate will play an integral role in ensuring Business and Operational Readiness for all implementations as well as growing the overall business in line with the strategic objectives.
• Work closely with the business owners to understand rationale for the project
• Work with third party vendor to ensure solution meets the requirements
• Ensure legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements are considered for projects.
• Can include managing initiatives with several key stakeholders, sponsors and work streams.
• Identify, track, communicate and mitigate issues and risks raised during the lifecycle of the project
• Developing, managing and communicating the integrated project plan.
• Tracking and managing project spend against the approved project budget
• Establishing and implementing a communication plan on all projects
• Single point of contact for the project sponsor and the steering committee
• Adherence to group PMO processes, and provides input for continuous improvement.
• Preference will be given to those candidates with strong knowledge in the Energy Industry, specifically Natural Gas & Electricity and/or a strong background in technology in a development or systems analyst role.
• A proven track record delivering projects using a matured discipline as well as a strong aptitude for governance and communication structure
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or a professional certification would be a definite asset
• Min. 4 years experience in related position
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated ability to complete work to deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to understand and meet the needs of the business
• Proficient with MS - Project, Visio and Office tools
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Superior negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Effective organization and planning skills
• Ability to travel occasionally for business within North America