Agilus is currently sourcing a Millwright in the Brantford area. Our client is a world-renowned food manufacturer. The successful candidate will be accountable for the maintenance and overall performance of the production process. This would require the candidate to conduct various job duties such as: daily preventative maintenance, emergency troubleshoot /repair work, install of new machinery, process improvement techniques, and line change overs. This is a full time permanent position located in Brantford, ON.
This position will require someone who will be able to rotate between all 3 shifts on a weekly basis.
- Provides mechanical support to all departments within the facility
- Prevent premature breakdown of the equipment used in production and to operate the facility through continual preventative maintenance
- Ensure a safe work environment through effective maintenance of equipment
- Correct unsafe working conditions
- Trouble shoot any mechanical breakdown in the production process to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products
- Assist in the installation of any new equipment in the facility
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes
- Report any concerns and/or problems to supervisor through daily written and verbal reporting
- Understands the mechanics of our facilities processing and packaging equipment and is able to maintain it
- Ensure equipment operating, designed and installed to required GMP standards
- Proper housekeeping. Clean up after work completed
- Good mechanical aptitude and dexterity - detail oriented
- Service oriented --- high need to please
- Performance oriented - wants it fixed right
- High sense of urgency - wants it fixed now
- High sense of ownership
- Effective communicator - must discuss potential problems effectively
- Good organizational skills
- Has to have good analytical skills --- find a solution quickly
- Tenacious --- does not give up
- Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level Required
• Must hold a valid license millwright
If you are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative formats available upon request
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!