Our client, located in Brampton, Ontario is looking for a Millwright to join their team of maintenance professionals. This is a contract position reporting to the Production & Maintenance Manager. Key responsibilities include:
1. Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems.
2. Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically with regard to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance.
3. Maintain the preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities and replace or repair defective parts, components or systems.
4. Maintain maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system.
5. Evaluate condition of instrumentation devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
6. Examine parts to detect imperfections prior to replacing with new parts following manufacturer’s recommendations, determine wearing tendencies and ascertain changes required to extend service life.
7. Interpret and compile vast quantities of data and prepare or assist in the preparation of technical documents.
8. Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as required.
9. Lead continuous improvement initiatives.
10. Assist in setting up job plans and preventative maintenance programs.
11. Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required.
12. Escalate and report on any equipment or safety violations to management.
13. Participate in and promote the Company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Management System.
1. High School Diploma and Post-Secondary education in a related field.
2. Millwright license.
3. 5+ years of relevant experience.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to interpret instructions, mechanical and civil drawings, diagrams, sketches and other technical documents.
6. MS Office skills with the ability to use email effectively for company wide communications.
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or contact me by phone at 905-287-21945
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.