We've got an opportunity available for a General Labourer at our production plant in Brampton.
This means you could be working in a variety of different areas (inside/outside/etc.), so let us know if you have a preference!
Pre-Con’s Zero Incident safety vision is our guiding principle!
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable about and follow the company's safety policies and procedures.
This role works on shifts and requires flexible availability, depending on work demands.
- Consistently maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Immediately reports any safety hazards to Supervisor
- Assists in the department with vibrating and spreading of concrete.
- Rakes, shovels concrete on forms
- Vibrates using the tamper vibrator or poker vibrator
- Cleans hardware and cuts cables
- Rubs edges and washes panels
- Assists crane operator with the lifting plates, riggings and securing loads
- Cuts and places insulation
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Other additional duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Related experience and/or training
- Concrete finishing skills, construction related experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and memos in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move
material and/or equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment
Approved Safety Shoes, Hard Hat, Safety Glasses where required, shirt, and long pants.
Other equipment as instructed.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Pre-Con!
Applicants suitable for consideration will be contacted.
Pre-Con encourages all candidates selected to participate in the selection process to inform Human Resources of any accommodation requirements throughout the process.