Agilus is recruiting for Engineering Manager downtown Toronto for. Our client owns and operates commercial infrastructure and are investing in a massive upgrade to property facilities and building management systems.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for engineering related design and development approvals, project timelines, cost estimates, budgets, and delivery of projects. Assist in the delivery of project and facility related governance documents and systems.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: (with % of time for each task totally 100%)
Project Management / Communications (30%)
- Provision a scale -able capital project selection and planning processes – project assessment, ranking, and planning timelines.
- Design and implement a scale-able advanced work packaging (AWP) process – project definition, path of construction, sequencing and release of engineering, construction, and installation work packages.
- Leverage the advanced work packaging (AWP) process to measure and optimize productivity, cost, safety, schedule, quality, and cost / schedule predictability.
- Manage information pertaining to projects including budgeting, tracking, forecasting and reporting systems.
- Prepare and / or present project working documents to the leadership team: tracking sheets, value analysis, and cost estimating.
- Communicate with a high level of comfort to staff, management and external groups
- Manage and maintain the capital project system for local projects ensuring that project identification matches capital planning outlined during initial project definition.
- Manage assigned projects through all FEL gates – appraisal, selection, definition, and execution.
Engineering & Design (30%)
- Accountable for technical direction and ensuring compliance with codes, construction standards and quality, and safety regulations.
- Review of applicable design documentation for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and related specifications.
- Review and preparation of site work costing documents for various types of projects.
- Provide input and direction on servicing, tendering and development engineering issues associated with facility operation and maintenance as well as proposed developments.
- Employ Microsoft Office Suite and Revu Bluebeam, and AutoCAD.
Data Management (20%)
- Develop models of asset deterioration/life cycle for Facility Planning & Management
- Develop models to create construction/building materials assertions, feasibility studies
- Review and analyze technical data and statistics that relate to active infrastructure and capital projects.
Field Work (20%)
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections to verify project performance.
- Promote and ensure implementation of the company human performance and safety programs.
- Visit external consultants, contractor, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Development relationships with of a comprehensive list of engineering consultants complete with an annual review process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing technical department for execution of capital projects
- Diploma in Civil, Construction, Architectural Engineering Technology
- Excellent leadership skills and an ability to deal with and supervise various personality types, demonstrating leadership, communication, and staff management skills
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Mathematical aptitude and competence for working with extensive financial data, arrays and formulas,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Jody Watts: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.