Agilus Vancouver has an exciting opportunity with an industry-leading general contractor. Throughout their 30+ year history, they have developed an impressive profile of commercial and residential projects throughout Metro Vancouver. The selected Project Manager will oversee a large-scale residential wood-frame construction project, valued at $50M+, with over 300 units over two buildings. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to take a leading role in managing innovative construction projects and work within an experienced & high performing team. Individuals with a passion for producing a top-quality product, on time and on budget will thrive in this dynamic role.
With a constant eye on technology’s role in the evolving construction industry, this role will have the security of a proven structure and the support of an industry-leading team. This Project Manager will be expected to demonstrate impeccable integrity and will be accountable for delivering projects on time and on budget. Typical duties:
- Defining project goals, objectives and assessing the associated risks.
- Setting staffing levels, roles and responsibilities.
- Managing project start-up, building permits, and Construction Management Process.
- Preparing contracts with trades and making sure the construction team are familiar with project contract.
- Planning project timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Creating and managing schedules and budgets, while overseeing project performance.
- Implimenting safety leadership programs throughout the site.
- Authorizing and approving project transactions, purchase requisitions, change requests etc.
The individual we are seeking for this opportunity is a solution-oriented manager with the ability to eliminate roadblocks and enhance overall business performance. Qualified individuals should possess a minimum of six years’ experience with large-scale multifamily projects and have personally managed at least one large project from inception through completion. Desired education includes a degree in construction or engineering, or other technical training.
Key requirements for this position include strategic vision, with an ability to manage people, deadlines & resources. Strong organization, communication, budgeting, techincal, and computer skills are also paramount.
This role offers a competitive base salary and extended benefits. This is an ideal role for someone experienced, offering autonomy to manage your own projects from inception through to handover. Please apply with an updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.