The Logistics Analyst, will be a dedicated onsite consultant reporting directly to the Logistics Manager of a Fortune 500 company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for freight cost allocation, assisting with strategic sourcing, negotiations and contract development to meet our customer’s requirements.
• Work with third party freight audit and pay company to correctly allocate freight.
• Actively support the Logistics bid process, negotiate and establish long-term agreements with key suppliers.
• Ensure all procurement activities are in line with corporate procurement policies and procedures and aligned with Americas and Global Strategy
• Proactively generate cost savings through supplier negotiation of existing contracts, competitive bids and process optimizations
• Prepare and evaluate procurement documents, including proposals, quotations and contracts / agreements
• Measure supplier performance against key performance indicators and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities with current processes
• Communicate efficiently to resolve issues with all internal and external stakeholders
• Understand the marketplace to ensure price increases are kept at a minimum
• Participate and work in collaboration with the divisional Supply Chain Management team to execute and implement procurement initiatives
• Perform supplier management: Supplier qualification and strategic evaluations to obtain and develop the best in class suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
Qualification and Skills
• Post Secondary Education
• 3-5 years experience in Logistics focus on Transportation
• Strong analytical and data manipulation skills including advanced skills in Excel
• Knowledge of Logistics processes for all transportation modes
• Assertive with ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally
• Resourceful with a sense of urgency in providing solutions
• Results oriented mindset with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Proven ability to work collaboratively
• Exceptional problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
• Ability to make Continuous Improvement recommendations to improve effectiveness or efficiency/develops solutions; does not always assume status quo
• $20-25 an hour
Duration: 6 months to start
Location: London, ON
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Jas at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus thanks all candidates for their interest. Due to the volume of resumes received, Agilus will only be able to respond to candidates selected for an interview.
Agilus formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Alternate format available upon request.
Visit www.agilus.ca daily for new and exciting employment opportunities!
Talent at work.
Keywords: logistics analyst, supply chain, transportation analyst,