Agilus is currently recruiting for a Project Manager – Curtain Walls opportunity for an exciting and innovative organization located in the Mississauga area. If you like to think outside the box and add value to dynamic projects, then this role may be for you!
Scope of the Position
The main objective of a Project Manager (PM) is to manage all communications and aspects of their project(s) from start to finish for all information including schedules, administration, quality, resource management, technical / specifications and financial.
• Project information including specifications, contracts, shop drawings, budgets, resource planning and schedules, etc must be thoroughly read and understood completely, to ensure the company complies with all contractual requirements.
• Ensure that the Estimating Department that the handover meeting is scheduled with all required departments prior to the start of any shop drawings or work being performed.
• Manage all contract samples and submit them for approvals ensuring they meet the specifications and are approved to meet contractual schedules.
• Promote the enforcement of all Health & Safety protocols are followed / enforced on site(s) by the foreman.
• Work closely with the Engineering Department to finalize the shop drawing details prior to first Architects submission and ensure that the shop drawings are approved as required in a timely manner.
Ensure shop drawing submission always follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Ensure that the shop drawings, shop fabrication and work performed on site are all aligned and coordinated with relevant departments as required.
• Ensure the following are submitted to the Silicone vendor a minimum of six weeks prior to the project start dates or earlier as required, shop drawings and all material samples (e.g. gaskets, setting blocks, glass, mullions, etc).
• Work with General Contractors, Architects and Owners, subcontractors and internal resources as required to resolve technical issues.
• Site Instructions (S.I.) must be created, issued, and monitored in Timberline.
• Complete weekly on-site inspections with the foreman to ensure compliance and progress of the installation is meeting or exceeding the project schedule.
• Provide advance weekly work schedules to foreman for each project.
• Review and sign off all fabrication, assembly and purchasing/BOM drawing releases from engineering prior to issuing to the department(s) and ensure they meet the project specifications.
• Review and sign off all purchasing drawing releases from engineering and ensure they meet the project specifications and are compatible.
• Make suggestions to any quality or detail process that may be in place to improve the finished product, efficiency and or quality.
• Ensure projects meet or improve upon budgets and manage all resources (site labour, plant labour, engineering, subcontractors accordingly, etc.)
• Attend site and internal meetings as required.
• Monitor all contract change orders entered into Timberline, ensuring they are addressed and processed in a timely manner.
• Manage weekly PM reporting requirements;
a. Minutes of meeting for each project status session using the Timberline Project Manager Module and issue them within 1 day.
b. Project schedules and all resource planning using Microsoft Project and other information or tools available.
c. Change orders and SI updates using Timberline Project Management Module d. Two week PM work plan using Microsoft Project
e. Site visit reviews that include schedules, work flow, technical / QC, etc.
§ Manage monthly PM reporting requirements
a. Budget versus actual costs including efforts to improve on budget that are maintained in Timberline by accounting.
b. Request for Information (R.F.I.), Site Instruction (S.I.), submittal, and transmittal reviews that are maintained using Timberline Project Management Module
c. General Contractors monthly safety submittal documents that are part of the required documentation for billing
• Process (approve or decline) all project invoices from vendors after the appropriate back-up documentation is attached by accounting. (E.g. packing slip & original P/O).
• Ensure all monthly progress billing information, safety and administration (e.g. supplier invoices, PSI’s, Tailgate minutes, etc) submissions required is provided to the “Accounting personnel” for invoicing before required monthly cut off dates.
Education & Training
• A recognized university degree or college diploma focused on construction, engineering or architecture.
• Mechanical drafting diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Specific training and excellent skills related to project management, design and construction.
• Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, (specifically Word, Excel, Project).
• Min. 5-8 years’ experience in managing complete projects for major ($1 - $10 million + sub-contractor portion) construction projects.
• Min. 3 years exposure and experience within the glazing industry with a keen understanding of key suppliers, activities and construction methodology for glazing.
• Demonstrated understanding of profitability by major construction functions
• Strong IT, software and hardware management skills. Ability to manage schedules electronically.
• Ability to adapt to new software quickly
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
• Demonstrated competency or excellence in the following:
2. Judgment and Prioritizing
4. Time Management
Decision Making & Problem Solving
Recommends progressive changes / improvements to PM process. Decisions may affect entire organization. Project Management activities are complex and time sensitive. Activities often require aligning and administering responses to inconsistencies between drawings/specifications and actual on-site conditions or requirements.
Supervisory & Management Responsibility
Reports to the Operations Manager. Provides indirect direction to fabricating personnel and guides site foreman(s) for all projects. Liaise with Accounting Department to monitor budget versus actual costs and monthly billings. Broadly impacts many other positions through progressive flow/sharing of information.
Independence of Action
Employee works independently on general assignments. Position required to co-ordinate various related activities of other work units. Refers matters concerning policies to Operations Manager.
Consequence of Error and Budget Responsibilities
Errors may have a high impact and continuing influence on the current and future operations of the organization.
All company data and information used is classified as confidential and is not to be shared with anyone outside of the organization.
Contacts – Internal and External
• All employees
• Customers, Architects, Professional Engineers, Suppliers
Compensation, Administration and Related Benefits
• Salary range commensurate with experience and skill sets.
• Opportunity for bonus based on personal, departmental achievements and overall company performance.
• Comprehensive Benefits and Group Insurance plan participation after 3 months.
• Our client’s typical work week is expected to be in the range of 42 to 44 hours.
• Some overtime maybe required for all salaried positions without additional compensation. However, excessive overtime maybe compensated in the form of payment, bonus, time off, etc. and is at the discretion of the person in charge of the department depending on other allowances for time “OFF” prior to the overtime worked.
Personality and Environment
Our client is a fast paced, growth oriented and quality driven environment
• Our focus is on team efforts, shared information, cooperation and providing support where required
• A requirement for an unwavering commitment to personal ethics, integrity and honesty is a must
• Individuals with a positive attitude, a desire to learn and advance their career through experience, education, training, enhanced responsibilities and personal initiative are target employees.
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Mike Goulart – Recruitment Consultant at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Key Words: Curtain Wall, Glazing, Façade, Project Manager, Buildings, Cladding