Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Specialist Business Process you will analyze business processes and workflows with the objective of finding out how they can be developed, improved and/or automated. You will be responsible for developing solutions taking advantage of third party technologies to build complex forms and workflows. You will be working closely with business and Information Systems Subject Matter Expert’s designing solutions that meet the operational needs of CP’s Business.
- Utilize strong knowledge of business process reengineering while working with organizational groups to document processes;
- Analyze business processes and workflows with the objective of improving and or automating efficiency and performance;
- Incorporate Organizational Change Management considerations into process improvement initiatives and communicate to stakeholders;
- Coordinate between stakeholder groups contributing to, or impacted by process changes;
- Facilitate process workshops that focus on eliciting requirements and liaising with operational groups and leadership;
- Conduct quality assurance following a continuous improvement cycle and follows-up with business ensuring the process/product meets their needs;
- Review information and trends to ensure that the output of processes achieve the desired results;
- Support, train and educate business users in the use of enterprise tools;
- Design workflow automation wherever possible ensuring the design of efficient robust tools;
- Design dashboards inside of custom or SAP based applications to provide information to business at a glance as well as custom reporting needs as required;
- Monitor, measure, and report on process performance in support of Benefits Realization;
- Assign appropriate access to applications following content governance best practices;
- Develop standards and templates for multiple business units;
- Work closely with various project teams, designs and configure reports, ensure successful data exchange between systems;
- Develop high level requirements and gathers user requirements to generate easy-to-execute functional requirements;
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience on Modeling processes using various notation (Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Business Process Modeling Notation, Workflows, Swimlanes);
- Participate in creating comprehensive business processes following company procedures;
- Participate in program development, Implement the information system management;
- Analyze audit results to identify systemic issues, recommend and implement necessary actions.
- Must possess a related post-secondary degree;
- 5-7 years’ practical experience in business process improvement and transformation;
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills in both small focused-topic meetings and in large group settings;
- Ability to effectively coach and motivate business unit leaders and employees in transformational change within tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-functional business improvement teams of Subject Matter Experts;
- Independent work with exceptional analytical experience at both strategic and functional levels, and ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems;
- Must have strong knowledge of ITIL and DevOps processes;
- Experience on 6 Sigma or LEAN process with green belt is preferred;
- Innovative, critical and strategic thinking;
- Superior attention to detail and a high need for accuracy;
- SAP and Business Intelligence Software knowledge.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").