Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
CP is looking for a sales professional to manage key grain and fertilizer customers. The candidate will lead the generation of quality revenue growth, revenue retention and value through new business development, line haul extension, contract negotiations/renewals and execution of price strategies. The candidate in the position will establish a deep market, industry and regulatory knowledge that develops and maintains effective relationships with customers and key stakeholders that positions CP for future revenue growth.
- Develop and execute account and commodity sales strategy;
- Assess and mitigate key risks to the business strategy;
- Meet yield, price, total revenue targets and standards;
- Lead the development and execution of contract renewals implementing effective negotiating strategies;
- Develop creative solutions and make good value trades during negotiations;
- Identify, qualify and secure key business development opportunities;
- Develop customer relationships with key current and future customers, partners and stakeholder organizations as required to achieve the business strategy;
- Effectively communicate terms of sale and collaborate with key stakeholder groups on service standards to facilitate execution and measure the reliability of the product sold to customers;
- Gather market and customer intelligence and ensure it is communicated to key internal stakeholders;
- Ensure the Opportunity Pipeline is deep and robust with revenue growth opportunities;
- Manage multiple large projects with extended sales cycle;
- Build and mentor an exceptional sales organization and growth culture.
- Must possess a University degree in business, marketing or other;
- Professional sales experience managing larger, national accounts is required;
- Grain and fertilizer industry knowledge;
- Canadian and US Railway industry or transportation knowledge is an asset;
- Excellent understanding of company products and services;
- Excellent understanding of the key market segments;
- Understanding of commercial policies;
- University degree in business, marketing or other;
- Policy & regulatory understanding of impact on all markets;
- Understanding of Supply Chain Logistics;
- Understanding of national and international/global trade business;
- In-depth knowledge of stratified sales.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").