We are currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician-Manufacturing Mechanic for our Toronto, ON, CA facility.
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday, 7:00am to 3:30pm
Starting Payrate: $26.68/hour
Who are we?
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of more than 2,400 employees in over 55 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry. We are an end to end, total/turn-key/go-to-market solution provider from graphics design, bottle design, to merchandising solutions:
Corporate Website: http://cccllc.com/ Design Center: http://cccllc.com/design-center/
What do we Stand for?
On a Daily Basis, We Exemplify Our Guiding Principles
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people.
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
To maintain and perform repairs on all plant production and auxiliary equipment ensuring that quality parts are being manufactured.
Also, to contribute to a human work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
This job description has been prepared as a guide to ensure better communication and understanding. All responsibilities however have not been included, nor could they be. Your supervisor may from time to time ask you to perform other related duties not specifically included in this description. Likewise, this description will be revised when required to meet current business needs.
Oversee assigned mechanical maintenance jobs and/or projects to ensure accuracy requiring no further reworking.
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently performing repairs with respect to the following: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing and welding, in a timely manner requiring no further reworking.
- Oversee training of maintenance trainee ensuring complete understanding of maintenance repair procedures.
- Correct trouble spots and oversee recording in department logbooks when preventative maintenance and repair work is completed.
- Order any spare parts needed to prevent any spare part inventory depletion.
- Follow up on all maintenance repairs to ensure proper completion.
- Check electrical connections on all equipment as per preventative maintenance schedule.
- Follow ISO procedures and maintain regular documentation on equipment, maintenance and repair costs
- Perform necessary mechanical repairs and/or adjustments as required so that quality parts are produced and production is not interrupted.
Keep Supervisor informed of all job-related matters by:
Housekeeping, Safety and Security
- Advising Supervisor immediately of any production or quality related problems
- Informing Supervisor of improved operating methods
- Ask your Supervisor whenever you are uncertain of something
- Report to Supervisor, once per month, progress of maintenance trainee
- To follow Company safety rules including wearing of proper safety equipment as instructed, at all times.
- Report to Supervisor immediately any unsafe acts or workplace conditions.
- Ensure that work area is a clean and safe workplace at all times.
- Must not disclose to any person, without the Company’s consent, any information concerning its inventions, processes, methods, trade secrets, or secret procedures owned or used by the Company of any confidential information in any way relating to the Company’s business affairs.
- Millwright License preferred
- Knowledge of minor electrical repairs
- Welding certificate preferred
- Knowledge of PLC’s an asset