Company & Brand Overview
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Why work for us?
- Privately owned Canadian corporation
- Fast growing brand with lots of opportunity
- Real food made from scratch
- Passionate and focused hospitality leaders
- Strong focus on personal and career development
- Accelerated Leadership Programs
- Competitive pay and benefits offered at all levels
- Employee discounts across all locations
Duties & Responsibilities
At Scaddabush we're a little of this, a little of that and a whole new take on Italian. We’re inspired by Italian passion and generosity. We like tables crowded with friends and family. Style without attitude. And of course, excellent cuisine. In true Italian fashion, we rely on fresh ingredients. Our pasta is made fresh in-house daily. We make fresh mozzarella every day and offer made to order mozzarella dishes from 5pm-9pm. Our chefs prepare two signature meatballs every day. Our meatballs are so big we’re sure you won’t leave hungry. We look forward to welcoming you at SCADDABUSH! As an Assistant Kitchen Manager for Scaddabush you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with our team members to provide the highest quality standards for food, a guest experience that is outstanding, and service that is memorable.
- Coach and lead our team and help to ensure that they receive great training and support.
- Manage the financials, and work to achieve and exceed established goals.
- Use strong time management skills and attention to detail to complete our jobs.
- Spread the warmth and hospitality among all of our team members.
- MUST be Smart Serve Certified.
- 1-3 years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment.
- Proficient in English verbal and written communication.
- High School diploma/GED equivalency required; College/University coursework preferred. Knowledge of personal computers or ability to acquire appropriate-level skill using computers and restaurant software.
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Culinary Red Seal designation is an asset.
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.