Agilus Professional is currently seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for performing day to day accounting matters and monthly financial reporting. Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for preparation and review of all financial and operational month-end and year-end reporting, input of journal entries, reconciliation work along with providing any other supporting documentation and analysis required for the business. This is a chance to join a well-known locally owned construction company and to become a part of a great team. This role is ideal for someone who wants to make an impact and have an opportunity to grow within an organization.
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Accountant will hold a Canadian accounting designation (CPA) or its equivalent and have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role. Previous construction accounting experience paired with exceptional organizational and communication skills will be the key to success in this role.
- Proven experience as a Corporate Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices
- Proficient in MS Office (advanced Excel skills incl. Pivot tables & macros) and finance software
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Timberline would be an asset
Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger
- Project Accounting
- Cash Management
- Government Remittances & Statutory Reporting
- Assistance in month-end & year-end processes
- Competitive Salary
- Extended Health Benefits and MSP Coverage
- Health & Wellness Benefits with one of the well-known Fitness Centres
- Training & Career Relevant Education to help you develop within the Company
This is Contract Position for 8-12 months with a potential to transfer into a permanent position!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Do you have what it takes to be part of our dynamic team that continues to push the boundaries in their field? If yes, please send an updated resumé through to Allison Taylor at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
To apply please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Please include 'Senior Corporate Accountant' in the subject line when submitting your resume to Allison Taylor.