Agilus is recruiting for a Senior Accountant for a Food Production and Distribution client in Lac La Hache, BC. This position is expected to oversee the basic accounting functions of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, costing, and banking. This position will be directly responsible for financial statement reporting, cash flow management, fixed asset management and balance sheet management for our client. You will also represent the accounting department in the mentorship and future growth of all accounting related functions. This role will report to the Director of Operations and the Group Controller.
Members of our clients’ Accounting team will demonstrate personal integrity and demonstrate a commitment to the development of the Company and other employees. They will be good leaders who demonstrate an excellent work ethic, the highest level of integrity and a desire to assist others to maximize the potential of those around them. Their communication skills will demonstrate clarity of thought and expression and as such will demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills. As part of the Accounting team, their goals will be, ethically and safely, to streamline operations through improved process implementation, minimize costs and increase efficiency through the production of accurate and timely financial information.
This position, as a condition of employment, must hold confidential any employee personal information except as it is duly authorized for use/release in the necessary course of running the business. As such the person filling this position must be a trustworthy individual. This position must also hold confidential, as a condition of employment, all Company documents, information or conversations relating to the Company’s business.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Financial Statement Reporting;
- Standard costing evaluation and maintenance;
- Inventory Management;
- Accounts payable processing;
- Cash flow Management;
- Providing sales/operations with information vital to decision making;
- Assessing current accounting operations;
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems;
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics;
- The general ledger, including monthly balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements, including the timeliness and accuracy thereof and necessary reporting to all levels of the organization;
- Contracts negotiations and legal proceedings as they may arise;
- Inter-company transactions and dealings with related companies;
- Reporting to corporate head office on a monthly, quarterly, and as needed basis;
- Managing the RFC process for capital expenditures to ensure all procedures and policies are followed;
- The Company’s adherence to Premium Brands’ policy manual;
- All necessary governmental reporting, remittances and compliance in all areas;
- Managing Internal/External audits as required;
- Driving innovation within the division;
- Maintaining and setting Working Capital Targets;
- Oversee the administration of the company’s Payroll/HR function.
IDEAL CANDIDATE must possess:
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or a Certified General Accountant (CGA) or working towards is preferable.
- Full cycle accountant with 4 to 6 years’ experience.
- Solid organizational, communication, problem solving and research abilities.
- Previous payroll processing Experience
- Costing Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Please apply directly online at agilus.ca or submit your resume to Allison Taylor, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group, and Braun Valley Associates.
To apply please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Please include 'Senior Accountant - Lac La Hache, BC' in the subject line when submitting your resume to Allison Taylor.