Agilus is recruiting for a Residential Property Accountant for a Property Development and Management client. Our client is seeking an energetic self-starter to perform the accounting requirements for their residential rental portfolio. The candidate should be capable of efficiently processing the monthly tenant portfolio, managing cash flow requirements and projections, and prepare monthly financial statements for review by management.
Our client expects our residential rental portfolio to increase rapidly over the next five years as they complete construction of a number of residential rental towers in Vancouver and Toronto. As a result, they are seeking a candidate that will be able to adapt to continuing change and improvements to their Yardi Voyager accounting system to reflect the increased importance of the residential rental operations
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial statements, supporting working papers and all ongoing activities (receipts, disbursements) for a portfolio of residential rental buildings
- Manage cash flow requirements, projecting monthly cash balances, receipts and disbursements
- Assist property managers in preparation of annual budgets
- Provide monthly budget to actual variance analysis
- Review accuracy of accounts payable coding
- Policies and Procedures
- Evaluate existing systems and procedures, providing recommendations for improvement
- Working with property managers and supervisors to assist in implementing recommended changes to the policies and procedures
- Technical Support and Other
- Work closely with property managers to maintain an accurate, efficient accounting presentation of the operational activities
- Administrative duties including photocopying, filing, preparing, organizing and maintaining accounting/contract records
IDEAL CANDIDATE must possess:
- Experience in real estate property management accounting, primarily in residential rental, with a secondary knowledge of commercial/retail property management accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience using Yardi Voyager accounting system
Please apply directly online at agilus.ca or submit your resume to Allison Taylor, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group, and Braun Valley Associates.
To apply please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Please include 'Residential Property Accountant' in the subject line when submitting your resume to Allison Taylor.