Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
The Production Accountant is responsible for managing the finances for SME’s productions and for maintaining all necessary financial records during development and production of SME’s television projects. The position is a full-time position located in Toronto, Ontario and reports directly to the Manager, Entertainment Finance.
What we can expect from you:
- Preparation of production related data entry and perform weekly payment runs
- Liaise with EP Canada on Cast and Crew payroll and reconcile fringe reports to Global Vista
- Process writer’s payments including calculating fringes and benefits
- Reconcile production bank accounts monthly and monitor cash flow weekly
- Prepare HST returns and file
- Administer inter-company invoices for reimbursement of production expenditures
- Administer and track invoices to Broadcasters, Distributers and Funders
- Maintain, prepare, and reconcile financial reports including trial balance, funds received reports and production cost reports on a monthly basis
- Assistance with year-end submissions and related audits
- Liaise with Parent company Accounts payable in processing wire payments
- Assist in new production set up and budget input in Global Vista
- Prepare development cost reports as required and ensure such reports are delivered on a timely basis
- Provide support related to the development and production process
- Ad-hoc reports and other tasks and responsibilities as requested
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, e-mail, telephone)
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with a team, multi-task and be proactive
- Takes initiative to complete tasks in progress or assigned or seek solutions
- Able to take a creative and resourceful approach to problem solving
You should apply if you have the following:
What you can expect from us:
- 2+ years of experience in accounts payable and account reconciliations
- Thorough knowledge of production accounting principles and practices is required
- Knowledge of Global Vista, Payroll Processing, EP Canada software is an asset
- Knowledge of CAVCO and Provincial Tax Credit System is an asset
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.