The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for The Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 9,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
The main objective of this role is to support Internal Audit’s mission of continuously add value to the organization and be a trusted advisor to Senior Management and the Board.
The Internal Audit Function at Woodbridge is an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity that is guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the company.
It assists Woodbridge in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's risk management, control, and governance processes. This role reports directly to the Manager of Internal Audit.
- Conduct assigned internal audit engagements including planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases.
- Complete written reports and presentations to plant management regarding value-added audit findings and recommendations.
- Project and time management to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of audit procedures.
- Perform follow-up reviews to assess adequacy of management actions in response to audit observations.
- Provide field leadership (auditor in-charge), including the training and development of junior team members or Guest Auditors through structured approach to audit issue identification, problem definition and resolution.
- Assist Audit Management with documenting, updating, and further developing internal audit programs, testing procedures, and tools.
- Support Internal Audit's data analytics initiatives and development of visualizations.
- Support Internal Audit Manager with Annual Risk Assessment.
- Support the achievement of Internal Audit Department Metrics.
- Develop relationships using effective communications, both written and verbal.
- Arrange travel requirements consistent with Woodbridge policies to perform audits of global operations, including visa applications, passport, airfare, hotel reservations, rental cars, etc.
- Undergraduate degree - Accounting/Finance/Business/Industrial Engineering
- MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- Professional certification preferred (CA, CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.) or equivalent
- 5 years minimum experience in financial/accounting/business/consulting disciplines, including at least 3 years audit experience (internal/external)
- Experience with NI 52-109 or SOX preferable
- Experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably automotive
- Experience with data analytics audit tools and scripting (e.g. ACL, IDEA, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical accounting and controls issues in terms that non-financial audience can understand the significance of the subject matter being discussed
- Bilingual; fluent English skills (oral & written), plus another language (Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Ability to travel globally up to 60%, typically Monday through Friday; however, international assignments will require weekends out of town
For applications for roles in Canada, we appreciate your interest in employment with The Woodbridge Group. Woodbridge is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities in its workplace. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please make sure to request these at the beginning or at any point of the selection process.