Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Req ID: 76044
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 5
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 12/31/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
Participate in the preparation and analysis of financial information regarding CP's Properties for quarterly and annual consolidated Financial Statements, Annual Report, Surface Transportation Board (“STB”) Regulatory reporting, Canadian Transportation Agency (“CTA”) Regulatory reporting and Canadian Revenue Agency (“CRA”) Tax reporting.
- Assist in the development, preparation and implementation of annual Group Depreciation studies for both Canadian and US operations;
- Reconcile and analyze General Ledger, Asset sub-ledger and Regulatory sub-ledger relating to Properties;
- Complete Regulatory reporting (CTA/STB) - reconciliation and analysis, and quarterly and annual reporting to meet Regulatory requirements relating to Properties;
- Assist in the completion of Tax reporting - reconciliation and analysis, and quarterly and annual reporting to meet Tax requirements relating to Properties;
- Interact with business regarding financial reporting, statistical results and analysis relating to Properties;
- Implement process controls, master data management and assist in continuous process improvement to enhance utilization of Asset Management systems and processes;
- Participate in Property Accounting projects as required;
- Assist external and internal auditors in performing year-end audits and quarterly reviews of financial statements; including preparation of working papers and all other appropriate documentation relating to Properties.
- 3-7 years of experience;
- Pursuing or completion of an Accounting Designation;
- Railway Knowledge – 0-5 years;
- Knowledge of US GAAP;
- Knowledge of Group Depreciation would be an advantage;
- SAP Expertise in Asset Management and FI/CO modules would be beneficial;
- Process Management Skills;
- Strong communication skills both Verbal and Written.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
See Job Description