Seeking CUSTOMER FOCUSED, Energetic, Problem Solvers, to join our growing TEAM!
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 KILOMETERS OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Services (CPES), a Home Depot Company, is a nationwide service company specializing in the Light Construction, Light Industrial and Machine Tool markets, which has the ability and expertise to service a large array of equipment. We operate in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. With over 300+ highly trained technicians throughout the United States and Canada, dedicated internal customer care personnel and a sophisticated parts management system, Compact Power Equipment Services, a company of The Home Depot is a leader in the service industry.
Field Service Technician - As a Field Service Professional you will maintain a variety of light industrial equipment found in retail locations and manufacturing facilities, such as paint shakers, carpet carousels, checkout stands, blind cutting machines, shopping carts, and lifts. You may help in maintaining a thriving equipment rental business at the store by providing excellent customer service. This position may assist area mechanics in construction/landscape equipment service. You must be a self-starter, eager to “hit the road" and derive great satisfaction in getting customer’s equipment up and running. Generally provide maintenance and repairs in various locations within a 3 hour radius of your home. The hours for this position are based on customers maintenance needs and will vary.
- Be customer-focused, strive to delight the customer
- Be available and accessible by phone and computer daily as required
- Maintain, trouble-shoot and service light industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly
- Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly
- Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues
- Explain each service and repair performed to customers
- Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
- Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Use computer applications for word processing, modify excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting
- Provide daily reports and communicate regularly with store managers, District Managers and home office personnel
- Make phone calls and processing paperwork in accordance with CPES policies and procedures
- Perform daily inspections on the equipment for rental readiness, and neat in appearance
- Perform needed repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment
- Inspect overall appearance of Compact Power Signage, inspect equipment for proper security
- May visit other stores in the market to inspect Compact Power equipment and assist and train Home Depot associates
WE OFFER: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, and excellent career growth opportunities.
Requirements for the Field Service :
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License with proof of insurance and good driving record
- Versatile equipment maintenance repair skill set
- PLC and Welding experience – Light welding beneficial
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety Regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
- 1-3 years related experience (mechanical, engineering, electrical, copiers, or cable installation. Experience limited to only computer/IT repair and installation is not generally a fit for this role.)
- Must be able to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Ability to sit, stand and drive for extended periods of time. Lift 80 lbs., Climb 15+ ft . safely.
- Must reside within 15-20 kilometers of the target city
- Must have standard tools used in the craft, a computer and scanner with high-speed internet access
- Be a self-starter, driving customer satisfaction with a passion for equipment maintenance
- Basic knowledge of compact construction equipment, including trenching and earthmoving machines
- Landscape/construction background is a definite plus
- High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School
Compact Power Equipment Inc., a Home Depot Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer