Temporary Marketing Communications Specialist
Temporary# of Openings :
Admin and Other Professional|Sales/Marketing Industry:
Talentcor Toronto has a hiring need for one of our clients in the downtown Toronto core. Our client is looking for a temporary Marketing/Communications Specialist with experience with planning events, graphic design (Adobe Suite) and writing experience.
The ideal candidate will assist with the development and implementation of the client's marketing and communications initiatives. This passionate and dynamic individual will work closely with the company’s senior executives to build, promote and leverage strong industry relationships to increase brand awareness.
Compensation: An hourly rate is offered based on experience.
Tentative Start date: Beginning of April
- Work with Management to oversee and execute all PR and marketing communications
- Review all client materials to ensure that they abide by company marketing compliance
- Write and edit clear and compelling press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders and articles
- Design marketing materials, such as brochures, invitations, presentations, videos etc.
- Organize & attend investor presentations, conferences and networking events
- Develop credible story angles and proactively pitch print, broadcast and online media
- Seek and develop opportunities for positive exposure through the media and other mediums to increase brand awareness and enhance corporate reputation provincially and nationally
- Identify media trends, news cycles and opportunities
- Build and maintain a network of essential media contacts at local, provincial and national levels, including print, broadcast and online.
- Monitor and update all social media and ensure best practice standards are maintained
- Update and prepare content for company website ensuring that it is up-to-date at all times
- Provide reporting and analysis of PR/marketing outcomes and recommendations to improve
- Provide or coordinate media training, coaching and support when necessary
- Ensure staff are appropriately informed about corporate media policies and programs
- Coordinate corporate events for external clientele/contacts
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced diploma in communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- 3 + years’ experience as a communications professional and progressive media relations experience in either an agency or corporate setting
- Ability to think outside the box and provide unique story angles that will raise company’s profile
- Established relationships with key local and national media contacts
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, with both internal and external contacts
- Proven track record securing positive media coverage
- Superior problem-solving, decision-making and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to manage corporate social media accounts i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn
- Excellent project management and event planning background
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to develop press materials and presentations
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. We encourage you to visit
www.dg.ca/www.inteqna.com/www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Keywords: Marketing and Communications Coordinator; Communications Specialist; Marketing Specialist; Planning Events; Graphic Design; Adobe Suite; Writing.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
Talentcor provides recruitment services for Administrative Professionals, Light Industrial, Sales & Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Customer Service, Human Resources, Legal, Skilled Trades and Procurement positions across all industries in Canada. Our process allows us to get to know the best talent, understand their needs, and find matches that lead to success.
Talentcor is a division of Design Group Staffing Inc. an organization that is ISO 9001 Certified and has been named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies each year since 1999 and has held Platinum Status since 2005. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Design Group Staffing Inc. employs over 350 recruitment professionals who place thousands of quality candidates per year. With offices across Canada, we understand industry challenges that are unique to each region and offer both national reach and local knowledge.
For more information about Talentcor, please visit talentcor.com