Contract# of Openings :
Information Technology Industry:
Inteqna Toronto is recruiting a Sr. Project Manager – Contract
Critical for this role:
Messaging - Lotus Notes to Exchange knowledge
Communication - executive level presentations
Risk and Financial Management
The Project Manager role has direct responsibility for complete life cycle management and accountability of a project initiative(s) as assigned, ensuring compliance to our clients’ PM policy, standards and procedures. The role has a direct reporting relationship to a Program Director and works on projects within or outside his/her Directors program group as required within a matrix management model.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions: -
Effectively managing projects to deliver on time, on cost and according to client quality expectations:
- Ensure a strong understanding of and ability to leverage project management standards across the PM lifecycle.
- Ensure assigned project proposals are positioned for cost/benefit analyses, business case diligence and alignment with technology, business and other appropriate strategies.
- Demonstrate a firm dedication to the project Sponsors goals and objectives relative to the project.
- Ensure definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality and measures of success.
- Develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control.
- Monitor appropriate risk management practices throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that change, acceptance and approval management is proactively and effectively on all projects. - Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are used by the project teams
- Ensure that timely communication occurs between project teams and their stakeholders- Proactively escalates project issues and risks that require Sponsor, Program Management or executive attention
- Effectively and consistently managed project status reporting updates on project accomplishments against milestones
- Work effectively with onsite-offshore process and delivery teams
- Creates and manages constructive relationships with Virtual Team Members, Subject Matter Experts, Sponsors, etc.
- Demonstrates interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
- Understand Organizational culture; recognize resistance points to outsourcing and negotiate/recommend approaches to resolving conflicts etc.
- Works closely with other Enterprise Services and Business Group organizations to effectively align project resource requirements and work package leadership in support of project objectives. Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Competencies:
- Necessary Skills and experience
- Overall PM experience of 5-7 years
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Experience in Lotus Notes environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading a broad range of initiatives in an IT environment such as: ITIL, Application Development/Maintenance, Shared Services, Desktop Services, SDLC projects, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, IT, Computer science
- PMP Certification or demonstrated similar training and experience- Highly desirable skills: - ITIL certification or similar training and demonstrated ability- Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
Inteqna would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.inteqna.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Lotus notes, Exchange
Alternate format available upon request.