Operations Manager, Tool Rental
The Tool Rental Operations Manager delivers exceptional service through effective team management and peer partnerships. They are responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of key strategic and growth initiatives in the Tool and Equipment rental business. This position plays a major role in formulating a strategy and implementing initiatives in the Tool Rental Business.
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Drive and deliver growth opportunities and profitability while modeling Home Depot' s core values
- Partner with key functional areas of SSC to help further grow the business
- Review weekly metrics and reports to understand trends and create action plans to address opportunities and continue to drive the business
- Develop, pilot and oversee the rollout of new and cyclical operations programs
- Partner with Marketing and E-Commerce teams to create marketing plans and an effective online presence
- Develop, execute and evaluate the success of strategic initiatives
- Build Tool Rental brand recognition in the market while identifying key gaps and opportunities within Marketing & Merchandising
- Maintain a strategic fact base (market, competitors, trends, etc.) that shapes executive decision-making.
- Identify and implement best practices for stores
- Communicate new processes and initiatives to the field in both Pro and Tool Rental. Create playbooks, Communications and work load management projects to further Pro and Tool Rental objectives.
- Manage and research P&L. Identify cost out opportunities and implement process and communication to execute in stores.
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets Expectations and Consistently Demonstrates)
- Bachelor degree or MBA with a concentration in Business Administration preferred
- 5-7 years of The Home Depot or equivalent retail experience required
- 2+ years team management experience, preferably in the home improvement or building industry
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time, including overnights
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to present proposals and concepts to a variety of different stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to manage, motivate a develop a team
- Solid Excel, PowerPoint MS Word and Outlook computer skills
- Proven ability to build partnerships throughout the organization
- Acts with urgency and consistently delivers results
- Bilingual English/French preferred
When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the “do-it-yourself” concept, spawning an entire industry that now spans the globe.
Today, The Home Depot® is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with more than 2,200 retail stores in the United States (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), Canada, and Mexico. The Home Depot’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index.