Applications (J2EE) Developer
Our client in Toronto is looking for a Java Developer for a 6 months contract.
The Java Developer is a member of the eCHN Development Team and is responsible for the design, development, maintenance and support of electronic health record applications as well as their server infrastructure & components.
- Develop and maintain high performance scalable applications for a high user volume environment
- Understand the full development life-cycle responsibility for the software solutions including requirements analysis, design, implementation, debugging, testing, and documentation
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation
- Collaborate with other developers and ensure the applications are integrated and working efficiently; in analysis and application design specification sessions and issue resolution
- Work with customers to identify & collect business requirements and transform into coding specifications
- Recognize and resolve design issues and errors
- Learn new technologies when needed and apply existing knowledge to current tasks
- Participate in development of test strategy, test plans, and test cases
- Maintain privacy compliance as per the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
- Thorough knowledge of design and analysis methodology & application development processes
- Knowledge of the following J2EE design patterns and the ability to know when to use them: MVC, Business Delegate, Data Access Object, Front Controller, Intercepting Filter, Service Locator and Transfer Object
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following design patterns and the ability to know when to use them: Singleton, Factory Method, Adapter, Façade, Command and Iterator
- Knowledge of the AIX, Unix, Windows operating systems
- Software lifecycle management
- Preferred certification: Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP), Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD) and Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD)
- Working knowledge with various database management systems (DB2, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server 2000/2005)
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Designing and building web based applications
- J2EE (All of: Servlets, JSF, EL, POJO/Beans)
- J2EE Servers (One of: Weblogic, JBoss, GlassFish, WebSphere, or any J2EE certified app server)
- Servlet containers (One of: Tomcat, Jetty, or any certified Java Servlet container)
- Spring Framework
- JPA or Hibernate
- Web Services (One of: SOAP, REST). Experience with WSDL, JAX-WS, WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 and related security concepts like SSL and XML encryption)
- LDAP and LDIF
- XML and XSLT
For 35 years, Procom has been pushing the envelope in North American IT staffing solutions. Driven by a senior management team of seasoned recruitment professionals, we have offices in 14 locations in the US and Canada and service all major IT markets.
When we started out in 1978, tech jobs were just being integrated into the workplace. We have been a part of shaping the landscape of IT in Canada ever since, placing IT consultants in major businesses in all sectors, including banking, telecommunications, and retail.
Through all the peaks and valleys of the IT industry, we have consistently done one thing: helping IT professionals discover the next chapter in their career.