KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to develop and maintain a motivated and competent team, capable of achieving the District's sales goals
- Leads the professional development and training of Sales Force
- Assist Regional Director with the development and implementation of the District sales plan
- Consultation with Regional Director to set priorities and action plans to achieve objectives as set out in the District sales plan
- Responsible for establishing sales budgets and customer territory lists for each sales representatives in the district
- Ensure that sales penetration and market share and GM% growth targets are met
- Review at least at each fiscal quarter (end) the progress to budget of each Field Sales Representative. Provide feedback and take corrective action as required to deal with shortcomings
- Ensure company's "Code of Ethics" is understood and adhered to
- Liaison with the Top 50 customers/prospects within the District
- Works closely with Branch Managers and Sales Representatives to ensure customer needs are met
- Perform other District Sales Manager related duties.
- Graduation from TechnicalSchool, University and/or College with focus on Sales & Marketing Management, plus experience
- Several years of successful selling and preferably sales management experience. Experience and proven ability to supervise and motivate a large sales force. Excellent organization and communication skills. Computer literate/training
- Proven ability to make own decisions as required within defined limits of the position
Acklands-Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Acklands Grainger Inc. hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Acklands-Grainger Inc is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
At Acklands-Grainger our true value is our people. Attracting and engaging the best employees is the key to our success. At Acklands-Grainger, we offer a positive and collaborative work experience, a diverse and inclusive environment and the resources to help our team members succeed.
Acklands-Grainger is Canada’s largest distributor of industrial, safety, and fastener products with distribution centres, branches and over 2,200 team members coast to coast. For over 125 years, we have been helping businesses and government keep their operations running and their people safe while creating a company where hard working, talented people can thrive.