Advisor - Asset Optimization
- Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety
- Excellent opportunity for career development and development of technical expertise
- Competitive salary and benefits - Kitimat
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Advisor - Asset Optimization to systematically improve the performance of assets and the asset management, through analysing performance data and identifying initiatives to deliver greater value related to investments, costs and disposals.
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to lead asset management programs in a newly modernized smelter. The role is designed to implement the asset management processes and enabling tools. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster and reporting to the Manager - Maintenance, you will be:
- Participating in the design and installation phases of new assets and in modifying existing assets.
- Facilitating the use of reliability analysis tools and systems including 6 Sigma, RCM, RBD, FMEA, TAPROOT& RCA
- Determining the means to reduce production losses (reliability and availability) due to failures and breakdowns and to reduce asset maintenance cost and production losses
- Developing a plan (jointly with the maintenance team of the area impacted) to eliminate or reduce these losses via cause analysis and facilitate its implementation.
- Assessing evaluation of asset integrity and of related capital spending programs (CAPEX and OPEX)
- Managing existing and potential risks to achieve the strategic objectives regarding health, safety and environment (HSE), equipment capacity, quality, productivity, and maintenance costs.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree Mechanical or related discipline
- Min 10 years Industrial Experience - Heavy industrial / processing environment.
- Sound understanding of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles.
- Experience in diagnosis and resolution of technically advanced problems.
- Excellent safety attitude and track record
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Reliability block diagram (RBD)
- Valid driver's license
- Experience with Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and tools to analyse root causes
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.