Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. Our professionals are renowned experts in their field who provide high level technical expertise. A greater variety of client files to work on means that, at Grant Thornton, you can do more, faster. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people's lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible. Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move!
As a Manager in Tax your responsibilities will include:
* Review of income tax returns for high net worth individuals, corporations, estates and trusts.
* Analysis, planning and implementation of reorganizations of private companies and other assets, including sale of privately-held business
* Estate and succession planning for high net worth clients
* Post-mortem estate planning
* Overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries
* Providing significant input into broader innovations for the service line to anticipate clients' requirements
* Assisting business development management for target industries and sectors and supporting client business requirements in new and innovative ways
* Participating in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
* Coaching more junior advisory team members and ensuring a meaningful performance review process
* Leveraging technical proficiency to advise and guide team members at lower levels
* Attending client and stakeholder meetings with the Tax team
* Assisting the Partners and Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy
* Preparing and review files for Partner
* Help identify and generate new business opportunities
* Be an active part of the professional services community of British Columbia
Our Unique Culture
Our clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. We have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
The skills and attributes required for this position include:
* CA, CGA, CMA designation
* Completion of, or enrolled in CICA In-depth tax program
* 3 years minimum public practice experience in Canadian income tax
* Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
* Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development
* A commitment to exceptional client service
* Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team.
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organizations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. These firms help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice. Proactive teams, led by approachable partners in these firms, use insights, experience and instinct to understand complex issues for privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients and help them to find solutions. More than 35,000 Grant Thornton people, across over 100 countries, are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work.