Sarah Sipek, CareerBuilder writer
Receiving a job offer is an amazing feeling. All that effort you put into the job hunt paid off and now you have a fantastic new opportunity. While the prospect of a new beginning may have you flying high at first, that euphoria quickly vanishes when you show up on your first day and realise that you’re the new kid. And being the new kid kind of stinks.
Here are nine gifs that capture that struggle. But don’t worry—it won’t last for long.
- When you’re introduced to a million new people as soon as you walk through the door.
- And instantly forget their names and what they do.
- When you’re excited to start working, but you have to sit through a four-hour onboarding meeting first.
- When everyone speaks in acronyms and you have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.
- When you eat lunch alone because you don’t have any work friends yet.
- When you have a new question every five minutes but you’re scared to ask it because you don’t want your boss to think you’re an idiot.
- When a stack of HR paperwork shows up on your desk.
- When you’re out of the loop on all the office gossip and have nothing to contribute.
- When it’s 5 p.m. and you get up to leave but no one else does.