Training and Development Manager - Winnipeg, MB
Not Ready to Apply?
Reporting directly to the Area HR Manager, the Training and Development Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering training and staff development programs for Security Officers, Supervisors and other employees. The incumbent of this position is also responsible for developing and adapting programs for specific sites and customers.
1. The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
2. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
3. Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
4. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
5. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Supports line management in achieving training and development objectives; together with management prepares goals and objectives for training.
* Acts to ensure compliance with legally mandated and company mandated training requirements; acts to ensure compliance with and documents the training requirements of service contracts.
* Conducts needs analysis studies; identifies operational discrepancies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine training needs and approaches.
* Formulates training policies, programs and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs and company services; coordinates training activities so as not to conflict with client service schedules.
* Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods, such as individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role playing, and computer based training.
* Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
* Trains assigned instructors and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training, such as new employee orientation, on-the-job training, health and safety practices, supervisory development, and adaptations to change in policies, procedures, and technologies.
* Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of training activities and instructors, and to monitor progress of trainees.
* Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
* Knowledge of how adults acquire and use information and skills, and of training techniques suitable for different learning styles.
* Skill in the use of audio-visual equipment and personal computers, including presentation software.
* Skill in determining training needs, including identifying the components of performance and developing strategies for achieving performance improvement.
* Oral and written communications skills; presentation and group facilitation skills.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn security services and operations.
* Skill in the preparation and delivery of training programs in multiple settings.
* Ability to understand the security service needs of customers and devise appropriate training.
* Planning, organizing, record maintenance, and project management skills.
* Skill in research and analysis.
* Skill in observation, coaching and providing feedback to employees.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various employee and customer levels from direct service personnel to executives, and across diverse cultures.
* Strong customer service and results orientation.
* Must be computer proficient and have a strong mastery of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working ability in Lotus Notes.
* Bachelor's degree and one year of training experience, or Associate's Degree and three years of progressively responsible related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, required the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with employees and clients in situations that might involve urgency, pressure for results, and the threat of negative consequences such as disciplinary action or loss of business.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and behavioural selection survey.
* Handling multiple tasks concurrently.
* Computer usage.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular use of vehicle and frequent travel.
* Frequent walking, reaching with hands and arms, and lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds in set- up and delivery of training programs.
| Base Pay:
| Employment Type:
| Job Type:
||4 Year Degree
||At least 3 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
|Not Ready to Apply?
For your privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
monetary transaction. Learn more
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.