Compliance & Training Assistant - North York, ON
Not Ready to Apply?
Reporting directly to the Director of Compliance & Training and dotted line to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Compliance & Training Assistant will provide compliance support to all Canadian Securitas locations and staff as directed. The incumbent of this position will also provide each location with strategic direction in order to effectively reach and exceed company targets while ensuring that established standards, regulations and procedures are maintained as directed by the Director of Compliance & Training.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Quality, Health & Safety, Training Programs and related initiatives.
- Creates/revises Forms, Handbooks and other documentation as assigned by the Director of Compliance & Training.
- Ensures Area(s) level compliance of Securitas Quality Management System.
- Follows up on completed Corrective Action reports.
- Manages the Securitas Canada Online Compliance Reporting programs.
- Provide RFP/Tender support to BDM's as assigned by the Director of Compliance
- Assists with Quality, Health & Safety, Training and related programs.
- Assists with Branch Guarding Internal Audits and Health and Safety audits.
- Assists with Training, including all the "Train the Trainer" training.
- Assist with coordinating Health and Safety meetings.
- Participates in JHSC meetings as assigned and makes recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with all Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Investigates accidents and/or critical injuries on-site.
- Participates in Safety Group meetings and assists in completion of Group elements.
- Provide statistical data reporting as assigned by the Director of Compliance & Training.
- Attend all training, seminars and/or information sessions as assigned by the Director of Compliance & Training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In depth quality assurance and Health and Safety Legislations (across All Provinces) is essential.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external contacts.
- Superior communication (both oral and written) skills; experience developing Policies and Procedures, including excellent procedure writing skills.
- Ability to function as a change agent within the company.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize to support an effective/efficient operation and accomplishment of stated goals.
- Strong customer and results oriented skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must have an understanding and ability to utilize proprietary software/applications.
- Must be extremely proficient and have a strong mastery of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working ability in Lotus Notes.
- College Diploma in a related discipline, or a combination of education and work experience will be also be considered by the company.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive Quality, Training and Health and Safety experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, required the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and behavioural selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Depending on hire location, possible regular home office set-up to accommodate for all basic office necessities with the ability to work from a home office on average three (3) days per week, unless otherwise assigned.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Regular to frequent travel to various company offices and other locations across the Country.
- Reading and analyzing reports and data, including computer usage.
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly submit your resume and covering letter and include your salary expectations.
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Corporate Human Resources at or phone 416-774-2500 extension 2588.
| Base Pay:
| Employment Type:
| Job Type:
||2 Year Degree
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
|Not Ready to Apply?
For your privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
monetary transaction. Learn more
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.