Security Guard - Barrie, ON
Not Ready to Apply?
INTEGRITY VIGILANCE HELPFULNESS
At Securitas, people make the difference. We believe that the future of our company can only be perpetuated if we ensure the continuity of our people's skills. We believe in proper recruitment, extensive training and ongoing coaching. The main purpose of this culture is to attract specialized employees who have a passion to make a safer community.
As North America's largest provider of Security Services, more than 300,000 employees have built a solid and rewarding career at Securitas… and you can be next!
Due to growth, we are currently recruiting for Security Guards for our sites in the Barrie area.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property its asset's and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Satisfy client needs by providing excellent customer service while minimizing risk to the client's property and assets.
- Monitors intrusion detection systems using automated alarm and video monitoring software.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Use of communication systems to report and inform.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- Full Training - in class & on-line
- Uniforms at NO COST
- Management Career Opportunities
- Flexibility in work schedules
- Ability to work ALL SHIFTS - Days, Nights, Afternoons, Weekends - Rotating & Fixed Schedules
- Strong Communication Skills - English - Written & Verbal
- Excellent Deportment
- Strong observation skills
- Team player - positive, honest and motivated - above average customer service and public relations
- Must be solution orientated
- Attention to detail
- Basic Computer skills
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Reliable Transportation to and from work
- First Aid/CPR as asset
- Bilingual an asset
| Base Pay:
| Employment Type:
| Job Type:
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
|Not Ready to Apply?
For your privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
monetary transaction. Learn more
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.